We made it safely to New York Monday afternoon, following a dead battery incident in the hotel parking lot in Cleveland. I should add tip #9 to my previous post: Be sure your daughter turns off the vehicle's interior light when she retrieves swimming goggles from the center console. Funny story, after all the drama of having the battery jumped and locking my keys in my car in the process (I don't want to talk about it!) she left the interior light on again the next night. Thankfully, it was brought to my attention before the battery was drained. Again.
Oh. My. Gosh.
Since then, we've been happily visiting with family and friends!
And here's what I've been loving this week:
1) It's official. This is the best road trip album. It never gets old.
2) I'm ashamed to say that I'm just now getting around to reading Bossypants.
What the heck took me so long to pick it up? I started reading it when my kids were playing at an indoor gym in Fargo, moms and nannies lined up along the wall, checking iPhones, and chatting. Then there's me, ugly-laughing, tears rolling down my cheeks. I had to put it away until I could pull myself together.
3) This whole room makeover by Jenna Sue Designs just keeps getting better and better. Beautiful.
4) I'm so happy Janell is back to blogging, and we get to see her in action in her new home.
|Source: Max and Isabella Rooms|
She removed the upper cabinets in her kitchen. This is going to be very cool.
5) It feels like everyone in blogland has a new house. Holly Mathis' new house is coming right along, and knowing her amazing style, this home will be gorgeous too!
I'd sure like to get my hands on my new house! Next week.