I Love A Good Trestle Table



I grew up with a big, beautiful, chunky, country trestle table. That's probably why I love them. When the time came for us to buy our own dining table, we found the perfect one on Ebay, after searching for nearly a year.

I love this table so much. I love it like a family member. It's one of those pieces that, regardless of the current style, or what Pottery Barn or Crate & Barrel feature, I will love this table more. 

According to the historic papers that accompanied the table, it came from the Chesapeake Bay Region and dates from the early 1800's. 

I love the butterfly joints. I love the scrapes and dents in wood. I love the lines of this table, all curvy and shapely. I wish I knew the details of its' history. 

Here is our table, waiting for the new floors in the new house.
 





  

    



    

Look at the texture in the wood. *yummy*






Ideally I'd like to pair it with a set of industrial chairs, to offset the country feel of the table.






                                 

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't read any further without commenting on my envy of your trestle table. Yes, yes, yes to the industrial chairs to go with it! {I can see you are a girl after my own heart.}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah! I think my husband would kill me of if I replaced the Windsor chairs with an industrial style. He think industrial is cold, but someday...I will convince him!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS